Playing EoC from Hard Drive only

More
21 years 1 week ago #17754 by toastrack
Simple question.

Is it possible to play EoC without using the Cd-Drive? This was simple with the origianl I-War, put the full contents of the Cd onto your hard drive, Deslab all the files, modify your shortcut and away you go.

I would like to do a similar thing with EoC as my HD's are much faster and also much quieter than my CD and DVD drives.

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 week ago #5926 by Loader
Try using a no-cd patch, I know it's actually illegal but since you got the original cd's...

LoaDeR

I ain't elderly and I ain't no damn toaster, kid!

I ain't elderly and I ain't no damn toaster, kid!

More
21 years 6 days ago #5950 by toastrack
I'm not all that clear on "no-cd patches" where to find them, how to set them up etc. Though I've been playing computer games for a while I've not really ever done this and am easily confused. A little help in this direction would be swell as I've several games I'd like to play without my CD-drives spinnig themselves up to mach3.

...that's torn it.

More
21 years 6 days ago #5953 by MajorTom

Originally posted by toastrack

I'm not all that clear on "no-cd patches" where to find them, how to set them up etc. Though I've been playing computer games for a while I've not really ever done this and am easily confused. A little help in this direction would be swell as I've several games I'd like to play without my CD-drives spinnig themselves up to mach3.

Can't help with the no-cd stuff but with EOC you can copy "movies" from your CD to your EOC directory. Then you'll have to change your flux like this:

[FcResourceManager]
search_paths[0] = .\resource
search_paths[1] = .\streams
search_paths[2] = .\movies
search_cd = 0

Note: if you have Epic online installed it would be:

[FcResourceManager]
search_paths[0] = .\EpicOnlb
search_paths[1] = .\resource
search_paths[2] = .\streams
search_paths[3] = .\movies
search_cd = 0

You'll still have to have your CD in the drive for initial verification when you start a game, but the game won't access it for the movies anymore.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 11 months ago #6175 by Jwk
epic online?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
20 years 11 months ago #6176 by MajorTom
Yes, Epic Online is the new EOC-MP Mod.
In the Cargo Trade you can trade cargo (from your SP game) online, with other real players. If you need 'Diamonds for Big Jim', an additional Quad Light PBC or just plain ran out of gattling ammo, (or whatever). You can now meet another player online and trade with him for it.

The other game ("Cargo Capture) offers you a hidden pirate stash to find and a weapons factory you can rob. There is also a Freight depot with lots of valuable cargo there too.

You can link to the DL for the new, apparently bug free, final beta and also get more info over in this thread:

www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1077

Have Gun, Will Travel