Joystick hat problem.

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #17733 by toastrack
I've got a problem with my joystick hat. (saitek x8-30, supposed to be set up like a flightstick pro.) It's operation seems to be linked to the fire buttons, (up 0 fire 1 3 and 4 etc) which causes all sorts of grief in game. I dont have another game to check the joystick itself with and I'm not buying another game/joystick simply to check.
Just wondered if anybody out there had experienced similar problems and maybe had a solution, 'cos I only bought it to play this game with. (which kinda sucks.)

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5654 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic Joystick hat problem.
In case anybody has the same issue. You gotta hold the POV thing in each position WHILE you press enter during calibration. That sorts it, and all is well.

Much love to the tech support blokes at Saitek for getting back to me within a few hours....with a working fix too.

Odd though that they dont actually mention the joystick once anywhere on their website tho....was a bit spooked by that.

night night all.

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5656 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Joystick hat problem.
About a year or so ago, I bought the slightly older Saitek X-35 and its throttle partner (forget the number), and once I got them set up for EOC, I absolutely loved them (I got them on sale, too, which was even sweeter). They are rock solid controllers, well made, durable, supremely customizable, and ergonomic. I've been a huge Saitek fan, ever since. As you said: great support, too.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 3 weeks ago #5658 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic Joystick hat problem.
Was totally impressed with the tech support. Will buy 'em a beer if I can ever get out of this chair. ha.

......also....its an "either hand" stick....and I'm left handed, which sort of cuts down my options in the joystick buying world.

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.