Jafs goes HUGE

More
21 years 1 month ago #5527 by J-Max
Replied by J-Max on topic Jafs goes HUGE
i have the custom jaffs mod, but i cant work out how to change the freighter he is using. How do u do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5530 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Jafs goes HUGE
Hi J-Max. Take a look at the readme file in the Custom Jaffs mod... there's step by step info on how to change the ship Jaffs flies. If you have any questions or encounter any problems, just post back.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 1 month ago #5541 by Snowyhands
Replied by Snowyhands on topic Jafs goes HUGE
since you have the jafs mod already on, (you went into the game and switched it on right?)

if you did this, you should have a venetian class freighter- about 20-pod freighter. if you want a megafreighter, go in your flux.ini file- if you don't know where that is then you have to search on your computer[drive c or whichever drive you installed the game to] then in this file, (make a backup first so you can fix the file if you messed it up horribly. you don't really have to make a backup if you're careful and watch what you're doing.) find the line in the file which tells you wht jafs is flying. i think it's towards the bottom. it should say something like: ini:/sims/ships/utility/freighter

change it to: ini:/sims/ships/utility/megafreighter

someone check it to make sure.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5542 by Faradhi
Replied by Faradhi on topic Jafs goes HUGE
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="3"><font color="purple">

Fly to the approximate middle of the cargo group and press the 'J' button (without having anything tagged). The computer will automatically tag as many pods as Jafs can carry, starting with the most valuable goods, in a 15 kilometer radius.

I was out pirating today when I held down the hat switch to tag the pods and noticed that I was 17 and 18 km from some of the pods.
</font id="purple">
</font id="size3">
</font id="Comic Sans MS">

Choose your words carefully

Choose your words carefully

More
21 years 1 month ago #5543 by Stephen Robertson PS
Replied by Stephen Robertson PS on topic Jafs goes HUGE
Auto-tagging works in a 20km radius.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 1 month ago #5547 by Unheard Of
Replied by Unheard Of on topic Jafs goes HUGE
Does it? I found that I had to be able to sub-target the pod, so within 5km normally, or within a huge distance if I hit zoom. Of course, I could easily be mad and wrong.