file A mod idea

More
19 years 10 months ago #18062 by Vladimir
A mod idea was created by Vladimir
Why not make a mod of Aliens versus Predator? There ain´t many ships there (Nostromo, Betty, Sulaco, UD-4L Dropship, Auriga plus the Predator ships and some human ships from the games) but look at the bright side - we can use our imagination to create new ones:). The Predator ships look very cool, IMO. We may also put in the Space Jokcey´s ships. I found some 3D models from the movies, too bad they are for 3DSMax and obviously have too many polys:
members.ozemail.com.au/~dproc/

More information about Predator ships:
geocities.com/gunsandgod/ship1.html

and more:
geocities.com/gunsandgod/ship2.html

Some more information about the ships and other things in the Alien movies:
www.planetavp.com/al/index2.htm

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #9855 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic A mod idea
The idea is cool [8D]

I would love to do it but we have a severe shortage of moddelers here. [:(]

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #9859 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic A mod idea
Sorry to hear that[:(] Anyways, it is possible to export all the things, including ships, in Aliens versus Predator to .asc format(the whole game is created using 3DsMax). I can do it with my eyes closed and without using my hands (been modding AvP for a year or so). The ships are Dropship, two Predator ships and two human shuttles. Of course they are poorly detailed but at least we get a base for some of the models. And I have 4 months to learn modeling. There is only one BUT: all my efforts to... ahem... acquire... any (useful) 3D modelling programs have failed.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 10 months ago #9872 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic A mod idea
Check my post in the modeling forum about getting non-Lightwave models into the game. It's a sticky, so it's at the top.

btw - I use 3dsMax for all my EoC models, so it can be done.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4