Ultimate Freeform

More
20 years 5 months ago #17842 by Snowyhands
Ultimate Freeform was created by Snowyhands
How do I land on Venus?

Every time I get close to one of the orbital stations, the ship overheats and then I die[:(]

I've tried going past the planet manually and coming in from behind- straight to the orbitals but everytime i will die.[xx(]

Are we not suppose to get on Venus until a certain time[?], or is there a place to upgrade my level 1 heatsink

Or are the only upgrades available the mining lasers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7477 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Ultimate Freeform
You should be able to land on Venus at any time, and the heatsinks on your ship should be plenty fine. The planet orbitals are positioned very close to the planet's atmosphere, so you really have to be careful not to get any closer to the planet than you need to. Going around the planet then strait to the orbital should work. Make sure you aren't overshooting the orbital at all when you aproach it. If you are actually hitting the planet's atmosphere before you get to the station, that means something is going wrong. Try reinstalling the game, and if that doesn't work, redownloading and reinstalling the mod.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7479 by Snowyhands
Replied by Snowyhands on topic Ultimate Freeform
I reinstalled everything- thegame, the patch. I even placed just multimod and the ultimate freeform mods into the mod directory alone(with the crosshair mod that is placed in there by default)

I can go right up to the station

yet when I put the thing on autopilot, all the maneuvering heats up the fricken ship so fast that death is inevitable.

I think you placed them too close to the planet- i selected the planet when i was about 20k from the orbital and it said that i was about 8,978k from the planet.

Could you try placing the orbitals out a bit farther? Or making so that we can buy better heat sinks and repair systems..

More
20 years 5 months ago #7480 by Snowyhands
Replied by Snowyhands on topic Ultimate Freeform
Ok, I switched to the Frog Miner and you can land on the orbitals without overheating.

Do not try going to Venus in a Tug! you will die!

More
20 years 5 months ago #7481 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic Ultimate Freeform
Something really weird is happening with your setup. I just loaded up in a tug and easily docked to the orbital. I didn't do anything strange at all. Just selected the orbital (when I was at Gaspra) and hit the dock autopilot. Absolutely no problems. The orbital should be far enough from the planet that you can dock to it without problems, and the tug (with the heatsink and autorepair you have) should be beefy enough to easily survive quick skims through the atmosphere anyway.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7482 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Ultimate Freeform
I blew up when autopiloting from the venus orbital to Gaspra. I did survive a trip through the atmosphere on the way in, but not on the way out.