Unpacking .pkg

More
16 years 4 months ago #19043 by JustinSnow
Unpacking .pkg was created by JustinSnow
there is a good amount of settings I want to changed that have been packed. I don't want to rewrite it so I was wondering if there is a unpack utility around somewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #16710 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Unpacking .pkg
Nope, no one has written any form of decompiler for packages yet. The format isn't extremely hard to understand (a cursory look through a hex editor shows function names, library dependencies, a string table, and a wad of bytecode), but it's got a lot of stuff that'd require at least a fair amount of work to decipher. Also important, of course, is that the unpacking of those packages would probably count as reverse-engineering (violating the EULA), since that content isn't considered part of the mod packages, and would at the very least not decompile into an easily-manageable and -digestible format.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.