Help with custom Jafs

More
17 years 3 months ago #16132 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Help with custom Jafs
I think Jafs is controlled by the Particle Systems scripts, so no, we wouldn't be able to make him a bit more brave unless we actually completely rewrote the script from scratch. I could be mistaken.

There's a bit of an exploit, incidentally. If you fly out to about 80 km away from the battle scene, the hostile targets will no longer be considered threats. You can then call Jafs to scoop up the pods even in spite of the presence of bad guys, although of course they'll start shooting at him if he comes too close to them.

This is a public service announcement: Please look through all six degrees of freedom before crossing the L-point.

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #16144 by Szappy
Replied by Szappy on topic Help with custom Jafs
That's bad news :(
From my observations I think the borderline is 100km away from enemies, not 80.
The problem is, it's pretty hard to separate myself from enemies by 100km, since they will use LDS to catch up after about 40km.
On top of that I cannot tag pods more than 20km away (or 30km using zoom and manual tagging)...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.