A pepp talk to Modders

More
18 years 9 months ago #18490 by Locksley
I must say, I’m very exited about the Epic being worked upon here. Luckily I just started out playing the game (the bought original is on its way through the snailmail system but I couldn’t wait :p ) so hopefully The Middle lands will be out when I’ve tired of the Badlands etc.

I’ve always been a fan of the space simulation genre and am an avid sci-fi reader and enjoy a well written complex world.

When it comes to space sims I like ‘em to be in the hard science fiction as much as possible; that’s why I never really liked X2 for example, too much funny little aliens and too little politics. Oh I did play the thing for a couple of hundred hours, what’s a man to do when the genre is drip fed ;) Well ok then, I enjoyed it, but I tried really hard to make the aliens more alien in my own mind. Maybe hard sci-fi is a bit strong, what I like is a well developed world with politics and a good background with lots of info on the game universe “in game� so you really feel like you can dig as deep as you want and still there will be more twists and plots and history and tech and what not :D

And as always at the end of such speeches I would like to thank all the Modders, the Epic team – wonderful work; and the original designers (thank Odin [that’s God for us Northerners] for Newton ‘driving’ laws).

Thank you all!

Robin
<font color="green"></font id="green"><font color="green"></font id="green">

"for all the points on the compass there is only one direction, and time it's only measurment."

"for all the points on the compass there is only one direction, and time it's only measurment."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13441 by Second Chance
I'm not on the epic team, but I'm a modder on a mod team. Thanks for the kind words.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 8 months ago #13468 by Qlippoth
Replied by Qlippoth on topic A pepp talk to Modders
Yes, your encouragement is much appreciated. Everyone on these boards is doing really fantastic stuff and I'm really looking forward to what will be coming out.

*Prays intensely for a Prowler from Farscape now that there are Lightwave models out there. Star wars mod -> Farscape mod?*

- Qlippoth

More
18 years 8 months ago #13509 by VirtualCLD
Replied by VirtualCLD on topic A pepp talk to Modders
I would also mention how excited I am about the Epic mod currently in developement. I remember getting I-War 2 about three and a half years ago, not intending to go out and buy the game, not even realizing that there was a sequal to my favorite space flight sim I-War, but just coming across it by chance. I immedeately took to the game, but after completing it I was hoping for something a little more. Now it looks like Epic is exactly that. I think modders are a great part of the gaming community that help extend the lives of great games. Thank you all for your hard work and making these mods that others can enjoy.

While I'm in the mod section, I was curious about one thing. After looknig around in the Code Release thread, I was curious as to the difference between Epic_Platform and the Epic mod.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13516 by Second Chance
Well, actually, Qlippoth. . .

I've just recently begun research for building this Prowler everyone wants so badly (at least over at atari). I've found some really excellent clear photos of a pro-built prop replica. It looks fairly simple. I just need to finish texturing the SW models (almost done) and I'll get started on it.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 8 months ago #13568 by Qlippoth
Replied by Qlippoth on topic A pepp talk to Modders
Please don't tease me!

Where are these pics? :)

- Qlippoth