Skull Squadron

More
20 years 2 months ago #17978 by Qi Qi
Skull Squadron was created by Qi Qi
<font color="navy">
It is not simple just for a mod or game, but for all of the feelings,experiences,and spirits clinging to it.

Summary:

This is a small mod,simple but effective. With it,You can summon three teams of fighters those comprised the Skull Squadron led by Rick Hunter, and numerous fighters to be your wingmen whenever and wherever you want to in space. And all of the teams and wingmen can be toggled on or off, as you order them to do so.

In addition, you can also custom the ship type of each team and wingman, a team by default comprised six navy fighter_mk2, through modifying the SSquadron.ini file in the mod's package.
</font id="navy">

Download:
www.i-war2.com/downloads/SSquadron.zip

<font color="navy">
Story:

I had been ever thinking about that it would be good if a squadron of wingmans could support or accompany me whenever I was in trouble or just felt a little lonely in the boundless space. For there is few handy and direct mod of this sort around, although many wonderful mods those I really appreciate have already been out there,I made one for myself. And now I would very like to share it with you all.

As far as the name of Skull Squadron is picked, it is actually after the name of a elite squadron led by Rick Hunter from the series of cartoon films of Robotech which I watched in my childhood and enjoyed very much even by now. The spirit of brave pilots is always inspiring and respectable,isn't it?

I like the game very much not only because its originally fantastic charm of space exploration, but because whenever I travelled in space, I could experience a feeling of excitement and encouragement which can always arouse the confidence and morale in my true life. The travel in space often reminds me of the travel in my realistic life. How should I spend my life? Though I don't know exactly now at once, the power of brave pilots' spirit always drives me forward courageously.

Here I would like to share a little poem that moved me so with you all together.

It was always summer and the future called
We were ready for adventures and we wanted them all
There was so much left to dream
And so much time to make it real
But I can still recall the sting of all the tears when he was gone
They said he crashed and burned
I know I'll never learn why any boy should die so young
We were racing we were soldiers of fortune
We got in trouble but we sure got around
There are times when I think I see him peeling out of the dark
I think he's right behind me now and he's gaining ground!

But it was long ago and it was far away
Oh God it seems so very far
And if life is just a highway -- then the soul is just a car
And objects in the rear view mirror may appear closer than they are.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are --
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

The mod is dedicated to the memories of the inspiring Robotech, the past childhood, the valiant pilots, and some more that I can't articulate at once.

Whenever you were in trouble or just felt alone in space, the Skull Squadron would always be there, and the bravery would always be with you.

</font id="navy">

Life is half spent before we know what it is...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9137 by MajorTom

More
20 years 2 months ago #9165 by Qi Qi
Replied by Qi Qi on topic Skull Squadron
Recently, I have made some more modifications upon to Skull Squadron. The new features include adding three independent teams those comprise the whole squadron, each of them can be commanded respectively. What's more, you can be access to the formation control of any teams or the wingmen group. The formation panel covers most of diverse formations for a band of fighters.

The latest mod of SS has been up there, the link above has been refreshed. Thanks a lot, SoupDragon.

For some diversion here, late last night, I laid on my bed listening to a song, when you say nothing at all sung by Alison Krauss, for more than three times. I had to say that it is very beautiful sound. Her voice gave me a very distinctive impression, for a comfort to soul. I like it.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9228 by Xeller
Replied by Xeller on topic Skull Squadron
Wait a minute... I thought Roy Focker commanded Skull squadron?

More
20 years 1 month ago #9229 by Qi Qi
It is sure at beginning. And then Rick Hunter was promoted the leader of Skull Squadron after Roy's death in action. Are you also interested in Robotech? It is always joyful to meet somebody who shares the same interest.

It will not be long before I launch the latest package of Skull Squadron. I have made more enhancement and improvement over it. I put some theme musics into the mod. But I will not attach those musics with the mod package when I launch it, for the sake of its big size. Anyway, I have to say that those theme musics for macross really build a exciting reality atmosphere.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9238 by Qi Qi
:) the latest launch

New Features & Improvements:

* You can now give orders to the whole squadron, that is, all of any teams or fighters available at once.
* To make the "report status" order more valuable by providing the details of target's name and to correct some order depictions.
* To improve the "halt" order. After you gave the order to fighters which would not only halt all orders but approach to formatting you, waiting for your further orders.
* To reload the default flee function and self preserving function with alternative ones for Skull Squadron. The new
flee function keeps the fighters whose flee signals were triggered from fleeing far away from you. Instead, they would fall back toward you with information. The new self preserving function makes the fighters which were hurt badly ( about 50% hitpoints lost ) quickly approach to you with information, and those fighters would automatically recover when they got close to you.
* The squadron and each team of it all have their tweak panels, which originated from formation controll panels, on which the formation control and attack mode divided into target-orientated and generic attack are available.
* Another, like kind of expansion of addiction, I add Expeditionary Force which is made up by three independent fleets. You can command them through a GUI on which fleet launch toggles and related order list are located. As for the specific ship type and number of each fleet, you can custom them over the SSquadron.ini in the mod package.
* I put into some music playing scripts whose interfaces are accessible in CSV file. You can customize it according to your will.
* Last, but never least, many efforts into trying to perfect the code for making it more efficient.

The impulse of making this mod is originated from my sentimentally attachment to Robotech or Macross which had ever been one animated cartoon enjoyed by me even by now. I just want to bring the relevant feeling into Iwar2, which has been proven to be a very good game with quite strong customizing ability, by the mod.

The mod is dedicated to the memories of the inspiring Robotech, the past childhood, the valiant pilots, and some more that I can't articulate at once.

Download:
www.i-war2.com/downloads/SSquadron.zip