Newbie ---- requestin help

More
21 years 7 months ago #2817 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Newbie ---- requestin help
All I can say is thank God for the "Blink Crossing" maneuver...I think it's called the Parias Bootlegger maneuver on the tactics page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2829 by EricMan64
Actually, this is where the physics work out different from how people usually think in computer games. If you do a quick, on the spot turn, you'll actually end up taking a loooong time to actually start moving the other direction. If you slow down before making a turn, and don't try to make it on the spot, you'll end up making a much faster turn. Of course, this doesn't take into consideration tapping the manual lds.;)

Oh, just remembered, anticipate moves beforehand. If you get into the usual routine of joust-like passes, start turning before you actually pass the enemy ship. That way, you'll complete the turn just about when you actually pass, and you'll have a perfect shot and the enemy's back.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2832 by Shane

Actually, this is where the physics work out different from how people usually think in computer games. If you do a quick, on the spot turn, you'll actually end up taking a loooong time to actually start moving the other direction. If you slow down before making a turn, and don't try to make it on the spot, you'll end up making a much faster turn. Of course, this doesn't take into consideration tapping the manual lds."

Interesting that you mention that...that's true in real life too. More intertia is created on a slow-speed sudden turn than a fast-speed gradual turn.

Quote-thingies won't behave with me...

Edited by - Shane on 05 Oct 2002 01:17:34

More
21 years 7 months ago #2842 by EricMan64

Quote-thingies won't behave with me...

Are you doing it [cwote]blah blah blah[/cwote]? Spelling quote correctly of course.

More
21 years 7 months ago #2844 by Shane

Are you doing it [cwote]blah blah blah[/cwote]? Spelling quote correctly of course.

Well, I am now... :D

Thanks!