Problems with trading "Books"

More
21 years 7 months ago #17527 by Fazut
Since I started playing, I have “liberated� numerous crates of Books, 21 to be specific. Every time I find another book crate, Jafs says: “Hey... I might even be able to trade this�. When I get back to base, and I go to the Trade menu, I see that The Stepsons will trade 2 Reactor Parts for 1 Book. Unlike other trades, this one comes more than once. 20 times so far. Now I cannot do the actual trade, because I am told that I will have to deliver the Books myself, and that I should check my mails.

I have read all my mails, more than once, and I cannot figure out where to deliver the books. I have also cycled through the waypoints, and looked at the starmap, but there are no waypoints that has anything to do with this trade.

Does anyone know where I can deliver the books?

-Fazut-

Edited by - Fazut on 08 Sep 2002 11:43:33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 4 months ago #7841 by Speedy
I have a same problem, did you find solution for it or it is a bug????

More
20 years 4 months ago #7859 by Phatose
Did you try hitting "Shift-O" for a list of your objectives? Sometimes a mission won't have a waypoint, but it will give you the destination in your objectives list.

More
20 years 4 months ago #7860 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Problems with trading "Books"
The setup will be the same as other of these type missions through the game. You launch with a pod of books, and then travel to the station where, usually, a single SNRV will meet you and take the cargo away. Sometimes you have to undock the pod near the station (within about 15 km) and a script will activate and give you an audio message or HUD message.

If it's the Stepsons that want the books, try out the stations surrounding Touchdown. All are owned by the Stepson faction. Especially check out the Stepson Summer Home Station. That station rings a bell, and I can't think of any other mission where I would have gone there.

Sorry, I'm a little forgetful... it's been a year or more since I played through. Hope it helps.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
17 years 1 week ago #16478 by drmike
I've got this problem too, and I see it's an old one. Basically every time I return from a pirating outing, there is one more trade listed wherein the Stepsons will give me 2 reactor parts for 1 books. They keep appearing and now I've got about twenty of them. Jafs says for me to check my email and I did, maybe a dozen times. There's nothing in there about books or reactor parts, only the various congratulations and mission-related mail, and the letter inviting me to the Stepson summer house. I took some books to the summer house but nobody there had any use for them. I guess what I'll try now is flying around to every station surrounding Greenback, trying to offload these freaking crates of books and hoping that if I can, the trade will not be listed anymore when I get back to Lucrecia's Base. I'm surprised at how few people have had this problem. Should I reinstall the game? It's not a critical bug but it sure is annoying.

More
17 years 5 days ago #16483 by drmike
No? Nobody? I'm up to like fifty of the little suckers now.