Need Help with Rescue Ships

More
21 years 11 months ago #17399 by whizbang
I'd say I'm a fairly good pilot, but I'm getting my butt wiped by the onslaught of Marauders that come after the LOR ship and rescue ships picking up the pieces after Haven Station is destroyed. I can't get past this mission! They always destroy both Rescue ships before I can hook up with the big freighter and blast off to the L-point. Does anyone have any tips? I'm trying to use the wingmen, but they can really suck, sometimes.

Thanks,

Whizbang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1978 by EricMan64
I can't think of any tips that apply specifically to this mission, so all I can say is to practice your general combat techniques in instant action.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1980 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Need Help with Rescue Ships
Use the turret fighters. That's the best way to distract at least two enemies. Once the turret fighters are launched, the wingmen and the turret fighters will both respond to "wingman" commands, and make quick work of any enemy they engage. Just remember to have them attack a new target whenever you hear Az or Lori.
Stay close to the LOR ship...don't get drawn away from the object of your protection. If you just have to engage the enemy when they are 40 clicks out, use a missle.
If you happen to see a marauder attacking the LOR platform, change targets immediately (for both you and your wingmen). If you have hit the ship you were after, it will continue to engage you, and not the platform (same for your wingmen). Sometimes, when I have to protect a mission-critical target, I launch a missle at every enemy ship that comes in...it doesn't do a lot of damage (they autorepair)but it damn sure make them focus on you and not the ship you're protecting (just make sure you can stand the heat if you do this...).