file Strange Mission Glitch? Help!

More
14 years 3 months ago #19132 by Shant
Alright, just picked this game up and what little bit I played I loved! Really looking to play and finish this game, but I'm having a very strange issue early in the game. It's the 2nd mission for Spielman. He asks you to kill a rival in a ship called the Belrano and bring back his cargo. Well, I kill the guy and pick up the cargo. When I return to dock at Spielman's place, it won't let me dock. It says "no compatible port available".

Now I've tried this time and again. I've read online FAQ and there's nothing I've forgotten to do. After I bring back the cargo it should let me dock and get my reward and move on to the next mission, but it won't allow me to dock. Totally stuck. What's going on? Any help would be appreciated. If you don't know about this problem but remember the mission I'm speaking of, at least try and recount what you did for me. Maybe I'm overlooking something simple, but I doubt it.

Thanks alot gentlemen!

Shant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #16991 by Shant
Replied by Shant on topic Strange Mission Glitch? Help!
C'mon people, tell me something. Anything. Still stuck here. I've got the damn package with nowhere to dock to unload it.

More
14 years 3 months ago #16992 by Shant
I've got an idea, in the even that nobody can help me figure out this problem. Somebody could send me one of their save files, preferably from as early in the game as possible (but obviously after completing mission 2). It would be a tiny sized file anybody could just email it to me. Please somebody step up and help me out with this. I've got invitations to some good private websites/trackers I can trade you in return.

More
14 years 3 months ago #16993 by Shingen

Originally posted by Shant

Alright, just picked this game up and what little bit I played I loved! Really looking to play and finish this game, but I'm having a very strange issue early in the game. It's the 2nd mission for Spielman. He asks you to kill a rival in a ship called the Belrano and bring back his cargo. Well, I kill the guy and pick up the cargo. When I return to dock at Spielman's place, it won't let me dock. It says "no compatible port available".

Now I've tried this time and again. I've read online FAQ and there's nothing I've forgotten to do. After I bring back the cargo it should let me dock and get my reward and move on to the next mission, but it won't allow me to dock. Totally stuck. What's going on? Any help would be appreciated. If you don't know about this problem but remember the mission I'm speaking of, at least try and recount what you did for me. Maybe I'm overlooking something simple, but I doubt it.

Thanks alot gentlemen!

Shant

You have to drop the pod next to the station before you can dock.. you can't dock with the pod attached to your ship.

Fly close to the station, slow down, press "U" to release the pod, and then dock to the station.. Mission complete.
=D

More
14 years 3 months ago #16994 by Shant
Dude, you are a LIFESAVER. I've been emailing board members here and at other boards, trying to get any sign of life out of somebody who's played the game besides me to no avail. Nothing, zero zilch nada. Thank you!

BTW how would anybody know that you have to undock the cargo near the space station? That's kind of counter intuitive, isn't it? You just drop the cargo to float around in space? Anyway...

PS - I've got some invitations I can give you to a couple of private trackers if you like.

More
14 years 3 months ago #16996 by Shingen

Originally posted by Shant
BTW how would anybody know that you have to undock the cargo near the space station? That's kind of counter intuitive, isn't it? You just drop the cargo to float around in space? Anyway...

Well not really, as it's the only way you can deliver the pod to the station. Since you can't dock with the pod attached (ie: "no compatible port available" ), it makes sense that you'd have to undock from the pod in order to dock with the station.

I don't remember if the station retrieves the pod, or if it's just taken out of the game automatically.

Most delivery missions in the game are to other AI SnRV's (Searh n Recovery Vehicles).

PS - I've got some invitations I can give you to a couple of private trackers if you like.

huh?