getting antimatter but field collapses!!

More
17 years 10 months ago #18824 by Slick
Hello people I'm new! I'm nearing the end of the game and I just found this site. Could have used this forum ages ago!!!!!

Anyways...
My base was moved to the other side of the jump accelerator. I am now on a mission where Hoffer asks me to help loot some antimatter from some abandoned base. I have 3 wingman and a cargo ship. The cargo ship docks all the antimatter cargo pods, leaves in LDS, but then the antimatter field collapses (Oh great! Nothings easy). Now I figure docking to the cargo ship with as many ships as possible helps stabilize the antimatter field. However there are waves of attacking Marauders. I can’t seem to keep the cargo ship alive! Is there an easier way to do this mission?

This is my strategy I have used so far but it doesn’t work very well: I use my heavy corvette and arm it with one T-fighter. Then for my 2 quad missile bay thing I load it all with disrupter missiles. Then I arm myself with 2 Gatling cannons and 2 quad light PBC's. I use the T-fighters and the rest of my wingman to dock to the cargo ship while I defend the Cargo ship.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15376 by hoopster
Hi there!

You've probably completed this level by now but if you haven't all I did was take off ALL missiles, load up with maximum AI Decoys on a quadpack launcher, fit 2 assault cannons and arm both my T fighters with gatling cannons and top notch missiles. Oh yeah, and I used the Heavy Corvette.

Use the Fire at will option when the Marauders get close and just give it to them! Never bothered docking, as far as I could tell the objective was to keep the Marauders at bay until the freighter fixed itself.

Make sure you've also traded up as many bits of equipment for your ship as well - mainly from the MCA.

Hope it helps

Wey-hay!

Wey-hay!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.