Act 1 Mission 3 Joint Forces

More
19 years 4 months ago #12041 by andrewas
The training mission is not broken, as Ive been through it more than a dozen times, and its never caused this problem for me. Therefore, something screwy is happening in your game. Hence, what was intended as a friendly piece of advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12042 by WiseC
Replied by WiseC on topic Act 1 Mission 3 Joint Forces
Sorry is I came off a little harsh but I intended it to be harsh. I didnt just post an uninformed question, I had read through this board extensivly for a solution to the problem. Ive read posts on both this board and the atari board about the exact same problem, and the solution is always the same, make sure to do the training go pirate for awhile and make sure youve down all the missions, and then the response is the same, its not working, Ive done the training a dozen times, sod it I'll just restart, or sod it I'll play something else I aint got time for this crap.

Just keep saying the same solutions that never work and wonder why no one comes here, and why so few people play this game.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12043 by Tarcoon
no comment

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 4 months ago #12044 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Act 1 Mission 3 Joint Forces

Originally posted by WiseC
Just keep saying the same solutions that never work and wonder why no one comes here, and why so few people play this game.

How imperious. You may be frustrated, but that's no reason to take it out upon someone who took time from their day to help you.

I myself have also been through the T-fighter training mission a dozen (or more) times. I have never encountered a problem with it, whether I choose to run the course or not (the T-fighter course is optional). If this mission 'breaks the game', why has this never happened to me? Do I have different code? The answer is, of course, no.

Could something strange be happening with your game? Why yes. Evey computer is different, and we're not the designers of EoC. We don't know every line of code and how it's all supposed to work.

But I assure you... we've been playing this game for a long time, and answering questions like yours for years. I can't think of many instances where we couldn't eventually solve someone's problem (I can't think of any actually).

The number one question posed to this board is "Why haven't I been offered 'x' mission?". This question is asked more than any other.

Typically the lack of missions is the result of 1.) not yet achieving a score high enough to activate the next mission, or 2.) the player missing something in an email.

In the three years which I've been answering (or assisting to answer) this question, only twice have I ever seen a 'broken' mission/game. And the community rallied to assist that person (which is why there is now a page where a player can download save games).

If your game is really 'broken', would you mind emailing me a copy of the relevant save? I'd like to experience it so that if it ever happens again I can direct the unfortunate player to the best solution. I'm at mailto:shanemaness@msn.com]shanemaness@msn.com I would appreciate it.

EoC is the most rewarding game I've ever played/modded. It is also, at times, the most frustrating game I've ever played. In fact (I'm ashamed to admit) I once destroyed my joystick out of sheer frustration.

But still no cause to be rude to us. We're trying to help.

Glad to hear you got Oregon's email. If you run into any further wierdness let us know...