Tracking down the Maraurder Base...

More
19 years 10 months ago #18159 by b
I have been stuck on the Wolf's Lair mission forever it seems; here's the problem:

I have no trouble space tracking some marauders through to the Daien II (sp?) LP, i jump through to the LP, then fly over to the junk pile and wait for a frieghter to come through. When the frieghter comes through it just stops and nothing happens. I can formate with the frighter; nothing happens, i can formate with the marauder corvettes; nothing happens, i can go back and formate with the frieghter and nothing happens. the whole time the frieghter just sits there. sometimes i can get the corvettes to attack, i kill them all then formate with the frieghter but then nothing ever happens. i tried shooting the frieghter, it drops its cargo, then makes an LDS jump to Hablich Police station where it proply gets blown to bits by the cops. after all that i can even go back the Daien II LP where a second frieghter comes through and subsequently sits there and does nothing.....AAAAARRRRRGGGG!!!

I discovered this problem after i had completed all other outstanding objectives; my objectives screen lists Wolf's Lair as the only mission left to accomplish. I also tried a mission several saved games before to the point where this mission first shows up in the objectives list but the freighter still just sits there.

I have seen one other post where someone asks how to solve this problem but no one ever responded to it. there must be something i am doing differently then everybody else, does anybody have any suggestions????

any help is appreciated,
b

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10727 by MajorTom
Although it's not very common, this has happened to me once too. (at the time I was using WinMe). I've never heard of a "real" fix for the problem and it is frustrating.
IIRC, It may have been that I had already done half of the mission but accidently left the system through the wrong L-point after following the freighter to the base? I think I finaly reloaded a previous save and went through the whole thing again.

It's a scripted mission, so the script may be looking for some more or less exact position you should be in, before the marauder ship is given it's orders to approach the hidden station. Try hiding at different positions/places say a little further out behind the debris?

It could just as well be that there is a problem with the system Danin (or whatever the sp) ;). So it may be helpful to quit back to desktop and reload the game (or even re-boot). Good luck!

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10729 by mrjingo
Try doing the following:

Fly through Daien II LP. Head straight to junk waypoint before patrol shows up. after the patrol and transport show up and get stuck there fly out and destroy them. call jafs to collect all cargo pods. fly back to junk waypoint. another transport will show up. if it gets stuck, destroy it too. call jafs. then back to the junk waypoint. when the next transport comes it should keep moving and you can then formate with it.

I had the exact same problem and this was the only sequence that would let me continue the mission.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10733 by b
thanks MajorTom and mrjingo, you both have very helpful suggestions.

i'll give it try and let you know how it goes...

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10736 by b
got it!!!

three of the frieghters got stuck and had to be destroyed but the forth continued on to the marauder base. no problem completing the mission after that...

thanks again,
b

Nope, just b.

Nope, just b.

More
19 years 8 months ago #11557 by EndersGame
I shall try this fix as well as I have the same problem! Ill post my results!