How do I get sensors like Jafs?

More
21 years 4 months ago #17620 by Madman
I'm playing the Elite mod, so Marauder corvettes are invisible outside of 10,000 meters. I'm at the Blackeye "L" point, there's juicy cargo floating everywhere, there are no bad guys in sight, no bad guy music playing (you know the tune I'm talking about); I call Jafs, and he starts blubbering and babbling about how dangerous it is, and "Are your sensors faulty Cal?", etc., etc., etc. So, in the interest of avoiding getting my butt shot off, yet again, by something I didn't see until way too late, how do I get sensors like Jafs? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 4 months ago #3728 by Stephen Robertson PS
Jafs is just getting paranoid ;)

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 4 months ago #3735 by Madman
I tried telling him that, but he doesn't seem to listen. :D

More
21 years 4 months ago #3738 by Hotfoot

Originally posted by Madman

I'm playing the Elite mod, so Marauder corvettes are invisible outside of 10,000 meters. I'm at the Blackeye "L" point, there's juicy cargo floating everywhere, there are no bad guys in sight, no bad guy music playing (you know the tune I'm talking about); I call Jafs, and he starts blubbering and babbling about how dangerous it is, and "Are your sensors faulty Cal?", etc., etc., etc. So, in the interest of avoiding getting my butt shot off, yet again, by something I didn't see until way too late, how do I get sensors like Jafs? ;)

Sorry about that. Best solution? Stick it out until you can get some better sensors. You should be able to pick up any hostiles with the good old Mk1 Eyeball if you know what to look for though. In the Elite Mod, active sensors give you a significant boost to your sensing range, but also light you up like a Christmas tree as far as brightness goes.

Passive 2-3 and Active 2-3 should be good enough for most things, I think, but I'll have to muck around with sensor stuff again to be sure. Indie's the culprit behind that particular feature, and people liked it enough that I left it in. [|)]

More
21 years 4 months ago #3739 by NathanKell
ISTR that even with Passive 5s, Marauder vettes disappear at about 16km. This is with AFAIK the latest build of Elite (flying in a HC, if that matters).

www.battletechmodproductions.com/
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter, 10 Aug. 1787

More
21 years 4 months ago #3743 by Hotfoot
Yes, marauder corvettes were made to be slippery bastards. However, with a CPU5 and occlusion monitoring, you should be able to fix that...well, when I release the next version that is...