Achilies Shield??

More
21 years 8 months ago #17499 by Lurch
Achilies Shield?? was created by Lurch
I am looking in my trade Items and it is there, but I can't find out what it shields. It's not in the encyclopidia, or and of the sites, inless I over looked it. Any help here would be good.
thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2499 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic Achilies Shield??
Hi Lurch, I think you'll find that this is just atrade item and nothing more. It isn't part of the weapons remit. You'll come across a lot items in trade that are purely just for that, they don't have any significance within the game (other than for trade) so do not have details about the functionality.

There is a section on weaponry, including shields: www.i-war2.com/loadout_2.htm

More
21 years 8 months ago #2502 by Lurch
Replied by Lurch on topic Achilies Shield??
Maybe I should have said items I trade for, like weapons and such. I was thinking it may be a rear shield, but that can't be. If it was on the items I was trading with it wouldn't bug me. I sometimes think I am missing something on the list, something that will make my ship better.
Ps. I like your site Soup, You got loads of info there, thanks.

More
21 years 6 months ago #3158 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Achilies Shield??
"Achilles Shield" is misleading. The Achilles is actually a shield DISRUPTOR, i.e. a missile. I haven't found any use for it.

BK

"I refuse to subscribe to certain Christian enterprises because I think that no man should be saved by coercion." Rex Stout, Nero Wolfe, Fer-de-Lance

More
21 years 6 months ago #3159 by Hotfoot
Replied by Hotfoot on topic Achilies Shield??

Originally posted by BK

"Achilles Shield" is misleading. The Achilles is actually a shield DISRUPTOR, i.e. a missile. I haven't found any use for it.

It's a missile that supposedly only knocks out shields. However, it does have a few other nasty little properties that I've noticed. Try hitting a ship with one, or worse yet, try getting hit with one. You should be in for an interesting surprise.