Hi, am new to this game

More
21 years 9 months ago #17468 by Sgt_KnightHawk
Hello,

I have just installed this game a couple of minutes ago, and did not play with it yet. Just wanna know if there is any clans, or Squad with this game? Is there also multiplayer groups playing online? Is this game real popular and how I can I be part of you guy's? I have just register to this forum, so any help would be appreciated.

I have also seen missions download etc, etc, it looks cool.

I am also a newbee at space simulation and I am also bilingual, so french or english people are welcome to contact me. Also is there any adults playing this game? Am 42 so if any of you, about my age contact me, but all are welcome to contact me, anyway :-)

Thanks and regards,

Sgt_KnightHawk

" Dare to be Challenged "

Edited by - Sgt_KnightHawk on 04 Aug 2002 00:51:50

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2337 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Hi, am new to this game
Hi KnightHawk. Welcome to the forum. I think you will like the game. I've played space sims for some time now, and Edge of Chaos is the best I've played. There is a great deal of detail and realism in the game. The plot is good too.

If you have any questions, post them! This is a great forum; the people here are helpful and friendly, no matter what their age.

Hope you enjoy EoC!

More
21 years 8 months ago #2342 by Sgt_KnightHawk

Hi KnightHawk. Welcome to the forum. I think you will like the game. I've played space sims for some time now, and Edge of Chaos is the best I've played. There is a great deal of detail and realism in the game. The plot is good too.

If you have any questions, post them! This is a great forum; the people here are helpful and friendly, no matter what their age.

Hope you enjoy EoC!

Hi,

Well I have a little problem here. I have been to the grandmother mothership Iffrit, well the first mission to go when you start, someone talks to me at a huge mothership when I arrive at first waypoint, and then some ships attack me I cannot do nothing always gets killed it's ridiculous. Whats the problem. No matter what I do, nothing works. He is very close from me and I dont even have the time to hit "Y" for sub targeting, that I get shot, cant even run away and set up a proper attack, so can someone tell me, whats the deal. Am talking about the first mission when you start the game.

Thx,

Sgt_KnightHawk

More
21 years 8 months ago #2363 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Hi, am new to this game
The first mission is somewhat difficult to get through; you're flying in a tin-foil ship and have the weakest weapons in the game. Here's some tips:

Check out the Instant Combat mode on the main menu. A couple of rounds of that will give you the experience needed to take down enemy ships...fast.

Then play the mission again, and see how you do. If you get through it - great. If not, take note of the names of the ships which attack you. Remember them for the next time.

Start the mission again. Since you know the names of the ships which attack you, you can target them before they turn hostile. Get real close to them while they're talking, and the moment they turn hostile, blast them. Hint; their shields are weakest in the rear. Focus on just one ship in the combat. When it's destroyed, go to the next. With the pratice you had in Instant Combat, you should be able to slice and dice them with ease.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2398 by Wildcards
Replied by Wildcards on topic Hi, am new to this game
To add to Shane's comments...use your thrust override. I played EoC for many hours before realizing the value/importants of this feature. Learn it/use it early on for a tactical advantage.

Abandon all hope

Abandon all hope

More
21 years 8 months ago #2400 by Wildcards
Replied by Wildcards on topic Hi, am new to this game
Hey Sgt_Knighthawk, I also am relatively new to the game and forum site. It is a great game with a high degree of long playability. Just as an FYI I am 39 and spend a lot of time playing the game.

Abandon all hope

Abandon all hope