Old problem I've had since I 1st played IWar 2

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #20408 by Bozobub
Anybody know the answer to this one?

Many missions in IWar 2 are...touchy...about mission triggers (the graffiti mission is a freakin' PITA sometimes, for example) but the worst for me was the assault on the inter-cluster L-point, where you're supposed to "unlock" the L-point in a limited amount of time (or the mission autofails). I have NEVER been able to do this, because the damn subsytems you are supposed to target are inside its — at least until you blow up THOSE SUBSYTEMS, ffs — invulnerable shielding. WTF..?

I know it's probably something small, but I've tried that mission over and over (and over and over and...) and never once gotten anywhere. I'm reinstalling the game after a hiatus, but dammit, my tooth enamel won't take the grinding :pinch:!

I know LOTS of people have gone on to finish the game, so what silly, obvious thing am I missing :?..?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #20412 by IronDuke
2 ways.
Fly inside the accelerator structure (don't hit that shield!) and shoot beam weapons at the bright lights along the surface. If you look closely, there's a little antenna in each one. That's what you're destroying.
Another way is to hit the center of the shield with a Deathblow remote missile. The explosion will wipe out all the antennas. This is the hilarious method. The other one is the realistic one. ;)

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bozobub

More
7 years 5 months ago #20414 by Bozobub
Oh, bless you! May your camels and family members never be infested with fleas :P.