How to get the demo

More
11 years 6 months ago #19189 by IronDuke
How to get the demo was created by IronDuke
Hey everybody who still exists here,

I have been playing I-War2 since 2005 without a break ( except maybe lunch ) and have been modding it since 2007. I just can't get enough out of it, so I decided to get the demo, as the few obscure references of it that I could find said it has a different plot from the normal game. I have searched multiple places using Bing ( as Google doesn't work for some reason ), but I couldn't find a download anywhere. Anybody happen to know where to get it?

Thanks,
IronDuke

Those who are ticked that someone told you something wrong, they are actually correct. Reality is actually to blame here.

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #17245 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic How to get the demo
Someone? Anyone?

I'd really like to know where the EOC demo is, because it is impossible to have too much fun with this game, so I'm trying to get the demo as I've heard somewhere it has a different plot, maybe even a different player character. ( Why am I repeating myself? I already said this in the first post! )
Anyone who happens to know where I can download it, please reply.
Oh, by the way, if any of the people in charge of the Unstable Space program happen to read this, if you need help creating INI files or writing some basic pog code, I've got so much spare time on hand, it's probably the reason I play this game in the first place.:)

Happy Hunting,
--IronDuke

<hr noshade size="1">
What's up doc?
-Bugs Bunny

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #17246 by tombombodil
Replied by tombombodil on topic How to get the demo
IronDuke, your post revived my desire to get my EOC on my windows 7. I got to get with some Geek (meant as a compliment) to help with it. Love the game, but not adept at getting it on my puter. Will keep you apprised. Thank you

More
11 years 6 months ago #17247 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic How to get the demo
Hey tombombodil,

That may be the best news I have heard all year. Reviving interest in this ancient but awesome game is one of my ( very ) long term goals.
I know a decent amount about computers, but I can get lost pretty easy when talking about Win7. Still, it's worth a shot. If you tell me what seems to be wrong with the game, I could possibly help.
It's funny, in my experience, I-War2 is the least picky game I have ever seen. I can do literally anything to it, and while it may start to look and sound ridiculous, it doesn't crash or anything like that ( with a very few exceptions ).
By the way, your nickname reminds me of a Lord of the Rings character.
By the way again, if you're modestly good at I-War2, I recommend you get the Unleashed Mod. It's on the downloads page somewhere on this site.

Glad you love the game.

Happy Hunting,
IronDuke
<hr noshade size="1">
I took out four cruisers at once last week.

More
11 years 6 months ago #17248 by tombombodil
Replied by tombombodil on topic How to get the demo
IronDuke, thanks for the response. Also, to be clear, I have the Independance War2 Edge of Chaos and I will install it, then play. What happened before, when I had Vista was that I would get just past the training part, then would reach a part of the game, (not too far in) and get stuck. I will write down what happens and report back here. I found IWar2 EOC to be an awesome game.