Where are they gone ?

More
14 years 5 months ago #19131 by NucNuc
Where are they gone ? was created by NucNuc
A very general question,

what happend to all the modders and developers and teams gone since about 2006/7 <font size="1">beside Torn Stars</font id="size1">?
The ones that made the Buda5 or the ASP mod, where is vali and his outlaw star gone or Qlippoth with his fine ships, has Mikhael every finished his fleet ? Has MightyMidget ever finished the A-Wing and created a final version ? Has his way of introducing star wars ships ever been followed by someone else ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #16983 by DarkOne
Replied by DarkOne on topic Where are they gone ?
RL usually does it for everyone and just dedication to a project for a long span of time. All games will go through the huge push for mods and slowly die off after a few years and new games that come out. I think it would have helped if Particle Systems was still alive :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #16987 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Where are they gone ?
I think they are all gone now. There is always something bigger and better to move on to. Or in the case of Space Sims...maybe not.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16999 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Where are they gone ?
Yes, sadly its all of the above. We're all almost ten years older now, RL places greater pressures on the schedules, free time diminishes, priorities change (partners, babies, mortgages, careers, etc.), and as mentioned, shinier objects and prettier games come into the field of vision.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, and in my heart, nothing has come even close to the Independence War games for fun, immersion, and feeling like you were actually in space. As soon as Freelancer did away with joysticks, that was pretty much it. Orbiter's pretty good, but steep learning curve, oh and not much of a "fun factor" either.....you can feel like you're living and working in space, with the emphasis on "working".

More
14 years 2 months ago #17004 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Where are they gone ?
Hot4Darmat! Not sure I would ever see your sig on these here forums again! I guess they are not quite deceased yet then.

I also completely agree with everything you said. Freelancer eschewing the joystick was the first full foot in the grave. Nothing has really gone back since. So very sad.

More
13 years 8 months ago #17030 by Shabbyorange
Replied by Shabbyorange on topic Where are they gone ?
Such a sad day to find all this out after 3 years of being away from Pc gaming and such.