Config pack for using VT-Controller with IWar2

More
14 years 7 months ago #19118 by StingerAJ
Hello there,

I have created a config-pack for using the huge "Steel Battalion"-controller with I-War2. You need to get or build a XBOX-USB-cable and install the vtchid-driver from www.tamanegi.org .

Download the config-pack from:
www.filefront.com/14412481/I-War ... config.zip

For help and feedback please reply to this post or send me a PM.

From the readme:

You can put your dusting Steel Battalion-controller to good use with this config-pack!

You only need to install vtchid 0.2.1 from www.tamanegi.org , connect the controller via a Smartjoy X2-USB cable or a selfbuilt-one, load up the appropiate vtchid-profile of choice (whether you want to use the pedals or not), and copy the iwar2-configfile into the <Game>\configs\ directory.

Select the control-config "vtc" in the iwar2-options ingame and off you go.

Some notes to the control-scheme:
- Autopilot and comms are on the Comm-Buttons naturally. Select the Autopilot/Commtarget-Mode with the Tuner Dial.
- Toggle "VT-Location Measurement" toggles between Fly-by-Wire On/Off.
- Toggle "Buffer Material" switches the Sight-Change-Stick between control of the HUD-Menu and Strafing thrusters (Axes RX and RY).
- Throttle is set with the Gear-Lever.
- Manual Thrust is given with Center-/Right-pedal. They can be very sensitive and dont always exactly center the axes U and V). Maybe I swap the axes u and V for the axes X and Y, because you can give them deadzones in flux.ini.

For the details, consult vtc.ini and iwar2pedals.sdp (driver-settings from vtchid) with a texteditor.

Have fun!

StingerAJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16922 by StingerAJ
The link for vtchid is: www.tamanegi.org/prog/vtchid/

Originally posted by StingerAJ

Hello there,

I have created a config-pack for using the huge "Steel Battalion"-controller with I-War2. You need to get or build a XBOX-USB-cable and install the vtchid-driver from www.tamanegi.org .

Download the config-pack from:
www.filefront.com/14412481/I-War ... config.zip

For help and feedback please reply to this post or send me a PM.

From the readme:

You can put your dusting Steel Battalion-controller to good use with this config-pack!

You only need to install vtchid 0.2.1 from www.tamanegi.org , connect the controller via a Smartjoy X2-USB cable or a selfbuilt-one, load up the appropiate vtchid-profile of choice (whether you want to use the pedals or not), and copy the iwar2-configfile into the <Game>\configs\ directory.

Select the control-config "vtc" in the iwar2-options ingame and off you go.

Some notes to the control-scheme:
- Autopilot and comms are on the Comm-Buttons naturally. Select the Autopilot/Commtarget-Mode with the Tuner Dial.
- Toggle "VT-Location Measurement" toggles between Fly-by-Wire On/Off.
- Toggle "Buffer Material" switches the Sight-Change-Stick between control of the HUD-Menu and Strafing thrusters (Axes RX and RY).
- Throttle is set with the Gear-Lever.
- Manual Thrust is given with Center-/Right-pedal. They can be very sensitive and dont always exactly center the axes U and V). Maybe I swap the axes u and V for the axes X and Y, because you can give them deadzones in flux.ini.

For the details, consult vtc.ini and iwar2pedals.sdp (driver-settings from vtchid) with a texteditor.

Have fun!

StingerAJ

More
14 years 7 months ago #16923 by aceattacker
Wow, this thing looks amazing. It dwarfs even my trusty X52.

Your contribution is much appreciated, but sadly, I don't have the hardware to test your config myself.

In between life and death, there is only one dream to care for.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16925 by StingerAJ

Originally posted by aceattacker

Your contribution is much appreciated, but sadly, I don't have the hardware to test your config myself.

Hi,

you can find some SB-packages still left on eBay, cuz sadly they were sold out some years ago. But I think the Saitek X-52 is already prepared for most space-adventures. What makes me wonder: Can you use the MFD-display with other games than MS Flightsims? I mean, can you program it to show some special stuff from other games? That would be a feature I am missing on my big controller.

More
14 years 7 months ago #16926 by aceattacker

Originally posted by StingerAJ

Originally posted by aceattacker

Hi,

you can find some SB-packages still left on eBay, cuz sadly they were sold out some years ago. But I think the Saitek X-52 is already prepared for most space-adventures. What makes me wonder: Can you use the MFD-display with other games than MS Flightsims? I mean, can you program it to show some special stuff from other games? That would be a feature I am missing on my big controller.

As far as I know, the standard X52 can't do more than tell the time. The X52 Pro is in theory capable of being programmed to show ingame information on the MFDs. You'd need custom software from the Saitek SDK for each game to do it. So far, though, only the most popular flightsims seem to get that treatment, meaning I-War 2 is right out.

I might consider programming and publishing an MFD script, providing I get it to work... if at all, considering I don't have any source code for EoC. Besides, I'm already occupied with another project.

I'm sorry for being so inactive lately. I haven't given up on REAL, but I've just applied for college successfully. I'm very busy with studying.