I played both prefer IWAR because your in

More
15 years 6 months ago #19079 by firegoggles
a capital ship...
How hard would it be to combine all the controls we used to have in I-WAR 1 into the EOC world?
I dig EOC don't get me wrong but I miss the feeling of flying a vette and the repair console and micro management feeling of your ship, that was the best? I would love to be able to stick my corvette with all functions and controls screens with it into the EOC world? Is this possible? Or has it been done ?

M

M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #16806 by Hot4Darmat
Too true. The first games really gave the feeling of being in space in a big honking fightin ship, where the fun of the game was knowing which station to be at, when, and doing what. The attempt to "streamline" the interface and make it simpler for us kind of gutted it for me. Like you say, still was fun, but took away a little of that immersive feeling. Plus the writing and premise and story was better in the first one....

More
15 years 5 months ago #16808 by SoupDragon
The whole thing was dumbed down for the market boys. I, like you Hot4', loved the stress of the original. Tons to think about, prioritize then execute. Space actually felt cold and dangerous. I tried to "love" EoC but it was a no brainer with eye-candy. You could tell a lot of thought and work had been put into it but most fell on the "cutting room floor". You couldn't get away with developing a real and difficult brain-busting space sim - if you want to make a profit, that is.

We need something along the lines of the open source culture that you see in the UNIX field. That and a lot of clever people with some time on their hands. Eh?