Modeling the galaxy - How empty will the space be?

More
18 years 8 months ago #18505 by Taurus
As a new member I don't exactly what going on on this subject. Searching the forums didn't taught me much. I was wondering if the galaxy or parts of it was to be modeled. There are some maps of the Star Wars Galaxy (see below), but they are filled with systems from the expanded universe. But still the canonical systems are all there of course, and there are also major trade routes, faction controlled systems (hutts, ...) and such...

Since the mod is mostly MP, I was wondering if this would be of any interest... Would be nice though to be able to fly from tatooine to coruscant, and from there to Hoth, Yavin, Endor, .......... OH what a feeeeling ! I can have it all ! Take your passion, and make it happen, ... :D

It would definitely add a lot to the immersion factor. But to keep it interesting, it would be better if they were accurately placed through the galaxy...

Dumb suggestion maybe, since I have no idea of what would be required to make this into EoC...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13411 by Second Chance
Well actually the MP game is made up of scenarios taking place in very small unconnected maps. So there isn't much we can do to create a SW galaxy.

However, using correct place names with proper looking planets is a great idea that hadn't occured to me. It also lends itself to scenario story development by indicating what would be likely events to take place around said planets.

Good thinking.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
18 years 8 months ago #13413 by Taurus
Most of the planets in the StarWars trilogies are beautiful looking... The city-planet Coruscant is probably my favorite since it is sooo open to imagination, but who wouldn't love to fly around Hoth or Endor ?

More
18 years 8 months ago #13415 by Second Chance
With all the work done by cambrogol on fixing up planets lately this should be something we can add nicely to the mod.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13418 by Taurus
Well I don't know who is Mr Cambrogol but the new planets of the Epic Mod look gorgeous with their shiny oceans and hi-res textures ! I guess they could lend us a hand ...

More
18 years 8 months ago #13420 by Second Chance
No, they're quite busy. We'll just ask them how they did it. These forums are all about the sharing of info for the benefit of all.