Disruptor Gun anomoly

More
19 years 10 months ago #18141 by MajorTom
In the sense of using ones weaknesses:

The player disruptor gun can occasionally get "jammed". Meaning, sometimes you can get stuck without ammo and thus can't fire it. It happens randomly, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, sometimes you don't get "jammed" at all.

The problem can be fixed in several ways, with more or less load on the server, (hopefully less).
I was wondering though if we shouldn't perhaps just use this as a "feature". You can always dock to an engineer or your base to get it "fixed". One reason for this perspective is: I've been lurking in the XWA forum and found that a percentage of the players don't care for disruptors at all.

Note:
Unfortunatly, "jamming" never happens to the bots as far as I can tell, probably because they are dealt with directly on the server.
The game offers the possibility to disable disruptors for bots anyhow if you wish.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10658 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic Disruptor Gun anomoly
I never used it in XWA.

Feature: There could be an explanation "The Disruptor gun isn't finished and still in trial".

Bots: I would leave the Disruptor for them b/c bots are weaker than normal gamers at all (IMHO).

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 10 months ago #10659 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Disruptor Gun anomoly
At the moment, Whoever is hosting the server has the option to turn bot disruptors off. (default is on)

;) We should make some kind of explanation, thats for sure; Otherwise people might think it is a bug ;)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site