Maybe of interest...

More
19 years 10 months ago #18130 by Tarcoon
Maybe of interest... was created by Tarcoon

There is no safe distance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10503 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Maybe of interest...
There are some nice shots. but I think our A-Wing looks better :D

It looks like the ships are huge? (judging by the close ups of other ships through the cockpit perspective)

The smoke streams on the trailing wing tips look kinda fake? Maybe retouched?

I think it's best we just go ahead and do our stuff and let them do thiers?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #10741 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Maybe of interest...
Man, I gotta tell ya; I've been looking at the Jump To Lightspeed ship models, and many of them suck! I can't belive LucasArts of all publihers would allow substandard models of their own properties! The Millennium Falcon looks like a poor adaptation of the ERTL plastic model, which got virtually every single dimension wrong!

I keep reading about the wonderful accuracy of the Galaxies models, but I have yet to see it. I certainly understand poly restrictions in an MMOPRG but the YT-1300, arguably one of the most important (and certainly the most popular) ships in the SW universe looks more like a micro-machines toy than the interstellar starship that made Han Solo famous. I'm very dissapointed.

My models may not be perfect, but I'm an amateur (and I know what's wrong and plan to fix them). At least I looked at the real things when I made them. I don't know what they were looking at.

Sorry for the rant. Many of them weren't that bad, but after looking at all the Millenium Falcon screenshots lately I just get so mad. :(!

Between this and the new abundance of unlicensed SW mods, I wonder if the franchise is in trouble and heading the way of Star Trek (Paramount is being sued for not supporting and promoting the franchise enough).

*edit*
Thanks MajorTom :), in all my ranting I forgot to be thankful for your support.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4