GUI Design

More
19 years 10 months ago #10480 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic GUI Design

Originally posted by Roi Danton

But there is no need for a converter regarding the GUI.

Except you want to use custom fonts but the result won't be worth the work to determine how to write such converter.

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10496 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic GUI Design
I tried it at 512x512 and it did display, but the image got stretched out of proportions (stretched in the width)[:(]

I'll try it again, and compress the width from 1024 down to the 512 size. But, what if a player uses 800x600 or a resolution higher than 1024?

I'll package up one of the mp game scripts and the supporting scripts with the Gui stuff and send it off to you tonight, so you can see it all for yourself. I hope you can have more fun with the GUI stuff than I do ;)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10505 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

I tried it at 512x512 and it did display, but the image got stretched out of proportions (stretched in the width)[:(]

Yes, thats normal b/c the image is streched from 1:1 to the 4:3 of the monitor. So when you have the pic 1:1 sized it has to be horizontal upset so that it looks normal in 4:3.

The resolutions the player uses isn't the problem 'cause the pic will always be fullscreen (strechted automatically in horizontal und vertical directions).

I hope you can have more fun with the GUI stuff than I do ;)

Honestly I can't like GUI as well but somebody had to do it. ;)
I was surprised as I saw that you never used ShadyBars. I thought they are required for every GUI element (besides MenuButtons).

All in all the GUI scripts looks good, I just could do minor stylish enhancements or make the GUI area bigger but until we have no more ships or scenarios it wouldn't be worth the work.

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 9 months ago #10756 by Roi Danton
Referring to your request for a discussion regarding the Network GUI post it in this thread plz.

Scrollbar:
I'm trying out a new way this afternoon (thanks to my new Laptop I can work at university, too ;) ). I don't think it'll work but it's worth a try.
At least there would be the possibility "around-complete-splitters scrollbar".

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com