file CUV discussion

More
19 years 9 months ago #10246 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic CUV discussion
yeah, I did miss it but,

Ok, lets decrement, one point per death, regardless of what the ship frag value is, ok?

What about the option for the server host to set a max death limit?

Just say "CUV supply volumes below x% are not enough to resupply." You don't need to know how much the fighter needs, just whether or not the CUV has enough supplies for one more ship. The pilot should be on top of this anyway, and make sure he has enough supplies in the first place. All part of the responsibility of being a CUV pilot.

Ahh, you're thinking upstream and I'm thinking downstream ;)

This is a player interactive thing not system interactive. i.e you'll call a player CUV when you need him, he has means to check his supply limit and can reply accordingly.
You'll probably be using teamspeak in the game for team messages anyhow. If you don't have TeamSpeak you can type your request in the ingame chat.
If possible I want to use one of the preset verbal taunts for this, as a team only message (but I've got to find a way to resolve who the message originated from first).

When you summon a bot CUV he will always have supplies for you.

But either way, we're still stuck with the 60% max loadout/health per dock event.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10258 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic CUV discussion
Cool. [8D]

But either way, we're still stuck with the 60% max loadout/health per dock event.

Damn, that stinks. Why are we stuck with it?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #10274 by MajorTom

Originally posted by Second Chance

Damn, that stinks. Why are we stuck with it?

We don't have to use 60 %, we can change that to any value we want but it is always relative to the players total loadout capacity. i.e we could replenish by 10% or 90% or 100%.

we can read the subsum .ini file to see how much ammo is in a loadout, but we can't see how much the player has left of any given ammo.
(AFAIK)

But, Please explain/remind me again, based on your current knowledge, why that stinks in your opinion? Maybe I can think of something ;)

Note: In cases where you can call cuv bots, you can currently summon 2 of them right after another to get a full reload.
Should we set a minimum time limit between calls?
Or, perhaps limit the total number of requests you can make per game?

More
19 years 9 months ago #10342 by MajorTom
<font color="red">We can do it</font id="red">,<font size="3"> <font color="red">We can Do it!</font id="red"></font id="size3">

I mean we really <font size="4">can</font id="size4">

:D :D :D :D
I've found a way to read the current loadout a player had when he was destroyed and them give him exactly the same number of missiles (and/or other ammo he had, when he respawns again!

I've tested it at least 10 times already and it works like a charm!

So now it really is a disadvantage to get killed [:0]

Except for fighters w/o missiles, like the TIEs.
We can, however set thier health lower when they respawn
How does 50 % of the full hit point value sound? Or, should it be even lower?

More
19 years 9 months ago #10361 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic CUV discussion

But, Please explain/remind me again, based on your current knowledge, why that stinks in your opinion?

Because I don't understand the concept behind re-arming only 60%. During a war, when a fighter comes back to the carrier between missions (or even during a mission), they don't say "Hmm, this plane can carry 10 missiles. 60% of that would be 6. Ok, we'll give you 6 missiles. The other 4 we'll save for a rainy day." Or, "Well, these ammo cases hold 1000 rounds each. But we can only re-arm him up to 60% of his max capacity, so take out 400 rounds and load the rest into the cannon." They load that plane up with everything it can carry.

When the ship docks, the CUV crew should just automatically begin re-arming to full capacity. And repairing to full repair. There shouldn't be any screwing around trying to figure out how much to give him. Reload of ammo based weapons should be done at the rate of x rounds of ammo (or missiles) per second. And repairs at x number of hitpoints per second. If the player chooses to terminate resupply early, then he'll only get what there was time for. But if he stays as long as he needs to, he should be fully repaired and fully resupplied.

*edit*
I forgot about the potential lockup problem if the player gets shot while docked. So if you can't do timed repair/resupply, I vote for full repair/resupply at the CUV.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #10365 by MajorTom
The concept is:
A CUV isn't a carrier, it is a mobile vehicle with limited resources.

The Station (base) is the carrier)

If you reload a ship by 100 % with the CUV, there would be no reason for the player ever go back to his base? (and see your nice SD model)

Edit/ The CUV does not remove any ammo if the player has more than 60% of his capacity, it can only replace up to 60% of the total capacity) \Edit

What about my question in the post above about the health level on respawning?