Hey, I'm in a pretty good mood!

More
19 years 2 months ago #18334 by Second Chance
Since the boards seem to have the winter blahs, I'll post about my good mood so you all have something to read.

I'm in a pretty good mood. [8D]

I've been spending the evening tripping back to my younger days with a heavy round of Rainbow and Deep Purple. So I'm rockin' around the house pretty hard right now and feeling pretty good.

Anyone old enough to know who Rainbow or Deep Purple is will understand. Damn I miss the days when singers projected, instead of droning like a vocal vibration. The Little Big Man could really blow your hair back with his vocal power.

Well, there's my OT Waffle. Comments on my mood are welcome. [^]

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12186 by SoupDragon
Child in Time is a classic. :)

More
19 years 2 months ago #12187 by Shane
What phase was your favorite? Ronnie James or Ritchie Blackmore?

I'd have to say Ronnie James Dio is more my style. Really like his old stuff with Black Sabbath too.

(Not to say Blackmore is lacking in talent. Eyes of the World is still in my top 10 favorite songs to this day.)

Ever listen to Anno Mundi from the Black Sabbath Tyr album? If not, you'd like it.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12190 by Second Chance

Child in Time is a classic.

And really long. 10 minutes I think. I love those. Ah, they just don't make music for the sake of itself any more.

Or maybe they do, and I just don't understand the sensibilities of musicians today. It feels like the power of pure music has been overshadowed by the fast-buck instant commercial power of the pop-tarts of rap and American Idol. (Which I also enjoy ocassionally, but not for emotional depth.) Actually, I find the music of today to closely parallel the pop music movement of the 20's. With the (slightly older) orchestral music listeners of the time (representing rock of the late 60's through early 80's) disdainful of the new wave of gimmicky commercial pop music that supplanted them. (Lol, can you tell it's the next day and I'm off my high? :p)

Wow Shane, you just picked up a few more coolness points with me. Dio is my favorite singer of all time. His songs are always like a mystical story from another place and time. (Like looking at one of those crazy fantasy paintings.) And his vocal power sets the tone perfectly. They don't call him the Little Big Man for nothing. [8D] (He was also very short, for those who don't know.)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12194 by SoupDragon
Shane, for Deep Purple I'd have to say Ritchie Blackmore. An eccentric character without a doubt but he was there when they were at their best. As for Rainbow, again I preferred the Blackmore/Glover partnership in the late seventies. More than that, Graham Bonnet was the best lead vocal Rainbow had.

Agree with your comments Second'. For me, it was when Rock'n'Roll lost its Jazz and Classical roots, I lost interest then.