DeathStar Project

More
19 years 11 months ago #18069 by MajorTom
DeathStar Project was created by MajorTom
Shane, does the last mail I sent re the pog stuff for the DS have an influence on your current model design?

Anything we need to talk about in reference to that now?

SC, I got your mail about the pivot point, thanks for the explanation. Good thinking on the distance measurement issue for dynamic placement.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9900 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic DeathStar Project
Doesn't really change anything for me... It's still a sectioned up model. Except I wish we could break the sections down in smaller chunks. But that's just the perfectionist in me talking.

I expect some problems when we start displaying it (and the necessary readjustments to fix them). I doubt she'll work first time. So I'm still staying somewhat vague and trying to keep texture sizes low.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 9 months ago #10787 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic DeathStar Project
I think you should chop the sections down into as small a chunk as you need. Although that does literally multiply the volume of work.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 9 months ago #10960 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic DeathStar Project
Something new on the model?

Also it's not primarely for the Beta Version of our Mod the DeathStar is on of the best features the Mod can have at all b/c no other game made it possible to fly towards the DS (X-Wing just simulated the DS surface and X-Wing Alliance painted the DS as background pic respectively later simulated the inside tubes of DS II).

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com