Request for spaceships.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9337 by Second Chance

There is a strong connection between Iwar and Starshatter fans.

I didn't know that. I thought Starshatter was awsome, even in the limited demo I played. Lots of potential there. And it's another great game that was designed to be modded from the start.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9339 by Qi Qi
Replied by Qi Qi on topic Request for spaceships.
Although I don't know exactly what the BG is, I still have a link here below to share with you all, in which there is a mod that seems to be like the sort of BG's. Hope it to be helpful. :)

battletech.rpg.hu/aerospace/aerodownload.php

Life is half spent before we know what it is...

More
20 years 1 month ago #9341 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Request for spaceships.
*stunned*

You ... dont know .. BattleStar Galactica?

Hmm. Maybe it didn't get shown in china. Definately worth watching the first season though, although after they actualy find Earth it went pear-shaped fast. To this day I still dont know why a 12 year old was in command of the fleet all of a sudden.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9342 by Qi Qi
In truth, for the fondness of space exploration or adventure, I tend to have the feeling attached with the kind of things, games such as this Iwar2, films like Robotech.
It seems to be true that BG wasn't ever showed upon TV here, that is naturally why I don't know it. Babylon 5 is also beyond here, at least I hadn't watched it here before. But the Star War and Robotech films are available here, and the Robotech is my favorite one.:)

Anyway, I think that the enthusiasm and spirit within are shared in common, no matter how different the situations are. Aren't they like so? :)

More
20 years 1 month ago #9351 by Qi Qi
Indeed, our country is a big one with large landscape, huge population, and long history. She has witnessed numberless changes of times and events during the past thousands of years, and has come along to the present.

As I always like to say that the long history sometimes could be precious wealth and sometimes heavy burden as well, for despite of rapid progresses on economy and living conditions, yet I can feel that the feudal senses are still rooted deeply in the minds varied from the authorized government to a general family. The authorized government obstinatedly dislikes the open objections or dissents from citizens just like what most parents here do upon their children.

Raised under the background, I was stimulated reversedly to rise up the advocacy in nature and craving for freedom.
I do want to take a change over all of it. But it does apparently be so far beyond what I can be able to do on my own.
Anyway, the course of evolution keeps going inevitably, in spite of its undergoing unconsciously sometimes.

Look, [:I], what a degree I have strayed from the point! :)

More
20 years 1 month ago #9352 by Second Chance
Hello Qi Qi. I understand your feelings, and it's very fortunate that you have had even a limited exposure to science fiction. My girlfriend, Zhao Hong Qin, tells me that when she was growing up the only exposure she had to the fantastic achievements of technology were scraps of newspaper used to wrap things in. The first time I showed her Star Wars and then Star Trek her eyes were like giant saucers. She could hardly believe the concepts. After that, all she talked about for a month was transporters and cloaking. Granted she came from a pretty poor village, and I assume you live either in a city or close to one. But I for one am glad to see someone from so far away, living under a pretty difficult government, enjoying the furthest reaches of western science fiction space (and Robotech, which obviously isn't ours). If you are ever able to see it, Battlestar Galactica (BG) is a television sci-fi classic not to be missed. With China embracing the global economy I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you'll be running down to the video store to rent it.

Sometimes it's easy to forget how lucky I am to live in a place that tolerates wasting so much of my life in such frivolous pursuits as science fiction and fantasy. And it's just as easy to assume that everyone else has had that same luxury. This may sound really cheesy; but I hope that future generations (and more of our own) can be bound by a shared spirit and enthusiasm for science fiction. Rather than being divided by geopolitical boundries. :)

btw - How is it that you have an internet connection, are you a student? Or are they more commonly available now?

*edit*
You know I was just thinking, I wish more people would fill in the Country space on their profiles. One of my favorite things about forums is seeing where the other members live. It still amazes me how people who have never met (and probably never will) and who live on opposite sides of the planet can collaborate on projects and make things happen. Without forums there would be virtually no mods. Take MajorTom and myself for example; I would never have made those Star Wars fighters, you guys would never have seen them. MajorTom probably wouldn't have bothered figuring out how to make a disruptor gun (along with about a million other things), and there would be no Star Wars mod. I'm really glad to have had the chance to get to know everyone. :D Ok sorry, rant over. I ate too much Cheez-it tonight.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4