Docking ports

More
20 years 3 months ago #17934 by Vladimir
Docking ports was created by Vladimir
I downloaded the Whitestar to replace the Command Section. Despite of being 4x smaller than the real thing it´s a great ship. Only one little problem: when docking, it goes throw the other ship/station. I´d like to make it dock like Patcom/Heavy Corvette, but no success so far (started about 1400 hours GMT this day)[?]

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8675 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Docking ports
It sounds like the docking null is not rotated the correct way. I'm surprised a Buda5 mod would have a bug like that.

To fix, you'd have to open up the Whitestar setup scene with notepad, find the appropriate null (usually named dockport or something similar) and change the rotation value.

Just off the cuff: It's probably oriented on the ship's z-axis (i.e., it's rotational numbers would be 0,0,0). You'd probably want to change it to 0,90,0 to orient the null upwards.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
20 years 3 months ago #8677 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Docking ports
Thats a common in cases where the models avatar, setup scene and collision hull don't match. For example, when the avatar is larger than the collision hull, the model will "go through" things until the other object hits the smaller collision hull inside the avatar. Or, if the dockport position in the setup scene is located inside the area the avatar covers it will look like the model merges into the other ship/station.
I know very little about that ship but perhaps there is an update on the Buda5 site. I think you'll find a link to them on the home page here

Edit: Oops Shane got here first. My explanation is intended for less technically inclined :D
/Edit
Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8714 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic Docking ports
It turns out that this was an old version of Whitestar. Got a new version today. This thing ROCKS!!! BUT: 1.)it makes all the other ships useless 2.) it is too fast for its own good, really. Anyway, Great Work, Buda5. And thanks for the information, folks. It may come useful someday.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.