Please help. Major problem !!

More
21 years 8 months ago #17488 by TheTomDude
grrrrrrrrrrrr..... I just wanted to try out a few mods and now my game is not running anymore B).

I was at the end of Act2 and I tried out Jafs Mod, Starmap ecyclop. and Location finder. It worked fine but the speeches and sonde were gone. So I put away the mods but it still didn't work. I took my savegames, wiped the game from my harddisk and reinstalled it. Patched it up and tried it out, but everytime I wanna launch from base, the game crashes to desktop. No errors no nothing. grrrrrrrr.
I don't wanna start over again.

Please help.

Tom

Signature? I'm not signing anything without my lawyer ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2429 by MajorTom
It's probably the F14.6 patch causing you problems on a European version of windows?

Some bump files that were not needed got left in the patch. They don't cause problems on the U.S. windows version but will cause an immediate crash on start if you have, for example, a German Windows version.

To fix it delete (or rename) the folder <EOC Iwar2> /resource/images/planets

The game doesn't use the files in that folder anyhow but they are the cause of the crash.

EOC/IWar2 Multiplayer Fansite

More
21 years 8 months ago #2430 by SoupDragon
After Major's suggestion (if it still isn't working)

Try this: Make sure that all the mods are switched off first. Then go into the hangar choose the comsec only and launch - hopefully you haven't crashed. Go back into base (which will initiate autosave) choose the ship you were previously using and try launching again.

More
21 years 8 months ago #2431 by TheTomDude
omg, thanks a lot Major Tom. (hug left....hug right) :D

IT WORKS !!!

I nearly ate my desk. I knew that "planets thing" before and I did it when I patched up last time ..... but stupid me... I forgot to do this time.

Danke Danke Danke Major Tom :). And thanks to SoupDragon. I really can rely on that Forum. (U guys saved my new desk;)

Happiest Tomdude ever *singinganddancininfrontofhiscomputer*

:D:D:D

More
21 years 8 months ago #2432 by SoupDragon

More
21 years 8 months ago #2435 by Lance Menu
Its always good to see someone happy. :D

Lance Menu

Lance Menu