I scratched my I-War 2 Play CD!

More
19 years 3 months ago #18346 by Hendar23
Some of the movies don't work! WAAA!

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12278 by stinkoman
sucks to be you.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12279 by Second Chance
That's very unfortunate. It's really annoying to scratch one cd out of a set. It makes the loss even more of a waste.

But there is hope!

You can probably get the movies from someone here. Then you can put them on your hard drive and point the flux.ini movie path to that location, and they'll play just like normal. :)

btw - Careful stinkoman, Soup Dragon doesn't take kindly to any kind of derogatory posting. He likes to keep this place friendly. I'm sure you didn't intend to be mean, but be aware how you phrase things.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 3 months ago #12280 by Hendar23
I already had to use a nocd patch to get it working. I replaced the ruined movies with others, I now have a pic of the multiplayer fighter instead of the char heads on the menu. Who's gonna give me the movies though? Is it legal? I migfht go buy another copy, I saw it on sale for £2.50 somewhere...

More
19 years 3 months ago #12282 by Second Chance
Well, it's always better to get a new copy. Just for the sake of simplicity and completeness. But since you already own the game, getting free replacement movies for your damaged disc shouldn't be a problem. If Particle Systems were still around they'd probably just send you a new play disc. But since they're not, the community usually shares pretty freely to help out people in trouble. I don't think it will be a problem.

btw - Since PS is no longer a company, when the last of the I-War overstock is gone from the shelves, it's gone. The company won't be able to help you. And since the I-War series is such a beloved game, I suggest you make backup copies of your game discs in the future. To prevent what just happened. I believe this is a perfectly legal and normal practice. No one should have to suffer the loss of an I-War disc.

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Who's gonna give me the movies though?

Lots of the people here have them on their hard drive. I'm sure someone could make them available to you for a download.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 2 months ago #12283 by Hendar23
Anybody wanna help me? <looks around hopefully>