file pauses about 5 mins after launch

More
19 years 9 months ago #18140 by blerd
the game plays ok but after about 5 mins in to the first launch it sarts to pause weneva the speach comes up. like wen u call jafs and he replys "on my way".it takes ages to say it. and the pause gets longer every time someone says something.
iv scand for viruses wiv norton and reinstalled eoc afta a defrag. when i run chkdsk it reports a problem wiv me file system but it doesnt try to fix it or even say it cant.

im runnin xp on intel 2.5 cpu wiv nvidia's ti chipset and 500mb system ram.
it used to work. can ne1 help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10651 by MajorTom
You've probably got a sound driver/ sound codec problem. Some MP3 add-ons/synchronizers can screw things up too. Search the threads here for help, and check the independence war website tech. faq.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #10652 by blerd
i think i found anouther prob in dagda. if i hang arround to long the game starts to stutter and eventualy crashes

More
19 years 9 months ago #10655 by MajorTom
There is a bug in the game that sometimes causes the stations and other contacts around Dagda to flash on and off. Is that the stuttering you mean?

Re. Crashes: did you get that problem fixed?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #10661 by Jwk the Hemp Monkey
Is that bug for dagda ever going to be fixed?

Jwk...comander of =HEMP HUNGRY MONKEY=
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=310

More
19 years 9 months ago #10670 by blerd
yeah thats the stuttering but it does it around the lag point in dagda aswell ind if im not quick enough it crashes and i loose all me cargo :( i still got that prob wiv it pausing after about 5 mins in to the game. should i b looking to uninstall indeo and divx codecs? i did have a prob where i had them installed and the game wouldnt load but now i get the long pauses. it makes my game sooooo long.