Saving games does not work?

More
20 years 2 months ago #17976 by Spitfire_ch
Good evening.

I'm new to the game and have just freshly installed the game and the patch. After some difficulties due to the bug in the patch for the german version it finally works now. BUT: I cannot save my games! When I'm on the first base, I can choose the save menu, enter a name and press enter. However, when I enter the save menu again, or the load menu, the savegame has disappeared! The manual says that whenever you leave a base, the game would be saved automatically. But even that is not the case: list of saved games remains empty. Of course I cannot play the game that way. Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong here? Or where are the games usually saved? Maybe it helps to create the folder manually, but for that I need to know where.

Thanks very much for any help!

- spitfire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #9099 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic Saving games does not work?
Hi Spitfire, welcome to the board.

Did you install patch 14.6? Did it add an "extras" screen? Do you run any mods?

Lucrecias Base is the only base to save your games. Did you find this hidden base already?

The savegame folder is called "saves" and is in your EoC maindirectory. Look for "autosave.sav" in there.
Your first savegame should be "savegame0.sav".

There is no safe distance

More
20 years 2 months ago #9110 by Spitfire_ch
Hi Tarcoon,

thanks for your welcome and your quick answer.

Yes, installed patch 14.6, right after installation of the game, before I started the game. I do not run any mods. I have found the hidden base and tried to save there, which didn't work. A folder called "Saves" does not excist in my EoC maindirectory, so this seems to be the problem. Strange, isn't it? I'll manually create this folder and see what happens.

Have a nice day!

- spit

More
20 years 2 months ago #9111 by Tarcoon
Maybe you should try to deinstall the game first, clean registry and reinstall the game and the patch?

Guess this helps in most cases...

More
20 years 2 months ago #9135 by Spitfire_ch
Hola!

Ok, reinstalling the stuff fixed it. The "saves" directory was there now right from the beginning. No idea what happened to it the first time. Maybe it was a bad idea to test the Win98 installation in WinXP (due to the patch problems). The partitions in XP have different names than in 98, so maybe this messed the installation up.

Gruss aus dem Nachbarland

- spit

More
20 years 2 months ago #9136 by Tarcoon
enjoy the game...

Herzliche Grüße zurück:)