Easter Egg

More
21 years 5 months ago #3457 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Easter Egg
Hmm... not Smarakand. It looks more like a cooled-off Mercury. Reds, oranges, and browns. Looks toxic.

I was just out that way an hour or two ago, visiting Lomax to... uh... well... picking up some supplies.
:D

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3458 by alantangcs
Replied by alantangcs on topic Easter Egg
I'm not sure if it's Samarakand cos I was on autopilot and eating something at the same time. But it's somewhere near there, maybe another one of Griffon's moons. It's a body with a red/yellow look.

I very distinctly saw Australia. It was a bit distorted (maybe due to the developers playing with the texture) but it was Australia.

I'll take a close look and maybe I can produce a screenshot...

More
21 years 5 months ago #3459 by alantangcs
Replied by alantangcs on topic Easter Egg
Here it is...

In the left image, u can clearly see the middle east region, Madagascar, and faintly, India.

In the right picture, that is clearly Australia and the South East Asia region.

Of course, they did something to the other side of the world, I can't find the left half of Africa nor Noth/South America.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3584 by Mehrunes
Replied by Mehrunes on topic Easter Egg

Originally posted by alantangcs

Here it is...

In the left image, u can clearly see the middle east region, Madagascar, and faintly, India.

In the right picture, that is clearly Australia and the South East Asia region.

Of course, they did something to the other side of the world, I can't find the left half of Africa nor Noth/South America.

Yes, many of the planetary textures are just recolored sections of Earth.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3632 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Easter Egg
Does anyone know of any easter eggs, or anything otherwise worth visiting in the Gagarin cluster. I'm starting another replay of the game with a few mods (its been awhile), but I can't remember anything of note in the Gagarin cluster that was important. In fact, I can't recall much about the role of that cluster at all. Would anyone be willing to suggest a few points of interest to a willing tourist for that region of space? PS went to a considerable effort to make that sector of space, but I can't for the life of me remember why. So I'm going to check it out as much as I can when the time comes. What should I look for?

--
Hot4Darmat

More
21 years 4 months ago #3641 by Stephen Robertson PS
Replied by Stephen Robertson PS on topic Easter Egg
AFAIK there's no easter eggs in the Gagarin cluster. We did talk about putting in some easter eggs during development, but in the end there was no time to do it :)

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.