I Love to Loot Cargo Pods

More
19 years 11 months ago #9902 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic I Love to Loot Cargo Pods
These are very enjoyable. Amazing entries from a group of highly creative and talented people...

...who have way too much free time on their hands! :D:D

There should be a contest for this sort of thing.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #9913 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic I Love to Loot Cargo Pods
Darling Azrael

Az, thy sweet temper, thy jaw like a horse,
Az thy blunt features unsmiling, of course,
With my beautiful Az I could spend the whole day ...
so much nicer than that shrew from the MCA.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10057 by UglyAngel
Lagrange's Latrine

The orbit stable
round virtual gravity
sewage in the void

forever flushing
round and round and round and round ...
Jiggle the handle!

Too bad the L-points in I-War 2 aren't "stable", that is they don't have those overlapping gravitational fields which cause objects to orbit them, but it makes for a better haiku if we fudge that a little. (The leading and trailing L-points are the "stable" ones and the in-line L-points unstable.)

"Sewage" of course refers to that favorite cargo type -- favorite to leave behind, that is. All those pods of raw sewage would fall into orbit 'round a stable L-point.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10175 by smshmthfn1127
Yo Phatose-
Brilliant! See if u can get a Pulitzer-u deserve it!

no emailing or iming,just use a reply please

no emailing or iming,just use a reply please

More
19 years 10 months ago #10177 by Vladimir
Replied by Vladimir on topic I Love to Loot Cargo Pods
:D:D:D

I wish I could write poetry too. Unfortunately this is the thing that seems quite impossible to me. At least when being sober. I TRIED to write a song when I was... well... ahem... examining the effect of 40% vol. C2H5OH to human organism on a party but in the morning I couldn´t understand a word i wrote:(!

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10273 by UglyAngel
On the subject of appreciation, I like denoument of your Haiku, Hot4Darmat. As I understand a proper Haiku is supposed to have that quality in its ending.

"Jafs weeps at their loss" has the double-meaning: if they explode he weeps at their loss, but if they don't, he weeps for joy at their loss by their original owners. Clever!

Phatose, your heavy metalesque lyrics had me laughing out loud by the time Jafs complains, "Burning ships I cannot sell ..."

Combat Pay

LDS, LDA, another run, another day, "Help us help us" I hear someone say.

My ship tracks the spatial flow, my CPU knows where to go, maybe they'll drop their cargo ...

The CPU marks ships in red, they're gunning at the ships with bread, I should engage but wait instead ...

The cargo flies, I light the skies, Marauder after Marauder dies ...

"You're a legend" they say, then on their way, a pat on the back while Jafs takes our pay.