Upgrades & Weapons

More
20 years 9 months ago #17807 by Fighterboy
[8D]Where is the best place to steal weapons & ship upgrades?
I have got 320 units for manurfacturing how do I get things to manurfacture?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6811 by Andur
Replied by Andur on topic Upgrades & Weapons
You don't steal them, you trade for them. You don't really get to manufacture much on the single-player game besides replacement turret-fighters (1500 units each).

The drill is: you got to a L-Point, steal, go back to base. You trade for things on the Trade screen. You must trade for blueprints if you want to manufacture them yourself (a good idea for ammo). Recycle your excess materials (I got 60 pods of rare metals, for example), especially the ones that you don't need for trades, like sewage and such. The you can manufacture things, provided that you traded for the blueprints before.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6812 by andrewas
Replied by andrewas on topic Upgrades & Weapons
Try pirating at security stations and the like for weapons, but security will be tight. I have seen a cruiser show up before now, which is unpleasant while still flying the tug. I've never seen weaponry appear as cargo though, possibly because I generaly stick to the l-points for piracy.

As for manufacturing, you will need to trade for blueprints first. And the blueprints for the better weapons dont appear till later. Gnat and Hammer rockets are available early, but who ever killed anything with those? I would just trade for the seeker and deadshot missles as I need them. And keep them away from the t-fighters, they're to trigger happy.

Oh, and dont bother recycling till you need to. Its too easy to break a trade by mistake, and then theres always the chance of discovering the cargo you just melted down would have bought you a shiny new cannon after the next mission.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6819 by Phatose
Replied by Phatose on topic Upgrades & Weapons
You won't find many weapons as piracy cargo. If you absolutely positively must go looking for weapons as cargo, hit the security stations and millitary bases - but do not, I repeat, do NOT attack any cargo ships while you're still in the stations area. They'll call down reinforcements, and you'll never get the chance to pick up your prize - any time you blow up one ship, they'll send in a bigger ship (I've had them call carriers out after I blew up enough destroyers and cruisers). Instead, scan through their crates, and if you see a cargo that looks particulary juicy, formate autopilot with the cargo vessel. Most cargoes are outbound, so you can wait for it to go into LDS. You'll follow it, also in lds - then you can either use an LDSi missile to knock it out of LDS, or wait till it gets to it's destination, which is usually an L-point, and take it down, without fear of someone calling an endless stream of reinforcements on you.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6824 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic Upgrades & Weapons
In the single player game, I managed to obtain seeker missle blueprints, short range LSDI missle blueprints, seeker mine blueprints (a truly great weapon!), and blueprints for gatling cannon ammo. I ignored the Hammer and Gnat blueprints (don't like dumb-type rockets). This, of course, doesn't include the T-fighter prints. Most of the weapons I've obtained on pirating missions (neutron warheads, grenades, explosives, missile warheads, etc.) have been pretty much useless -- except for recyling (and general interest). I did pick-up a heavy PBC during one mission (along with various Hammer Packs, Gnat Packs, etc.)

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

More
20 years 9 months ago #6835 by Andur
Replied by Andur on topic Upgrades & Weapons
When do I get the weapons link? My cutting beams are crying for it.

Maybe trade it online?