Forum viewership

More
19 years 10 months ago #18090 by Second Chance
Is there a way to make the SW forums visible to everyone, but only postable to by us? Is this even a good idea? The reason I ask is that some of the most prolific posters are on this team, and we're posting so much here, the other forums look a little dead. I also thought it might be nice if all those SW mod fans could watch the progress.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10081 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Forum viewership
There is lots of stuff here that isn't intended for the general public. The purpose of being here is to be able to discuss issues freely without having to worry about the potential effects on the public in reference to the mod.
(It could have an adverse effect if someone started spreading partial truths or "unhatched eggs" as "rumors").

I guess we'll have to pay the price for haveing a secure forum by posting more in the other forums too.

That means, I do agree we should post updates in the regular forums more often, but I don't agree we should have this forum open to the general public.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10100 by MajorTom
I think we should re-evaluate our usage of the forum, and only post stuff here that is "sensitive" or confidential like problems ect.

Then we can use the open forums for normal discussions and if we have an issue that needs to be discussed "privately" we can open a thread on that here.

For example, I just posted 2 subjects in the open forums that provide insight on what we're doing currently as a sort of indirect update.

A example for the hidden forum usage: I couldn't put the Turret Switch video in the open forums because a) we don't have permission to use that model- b) we'll probably use a different model for the release version- c) its still a design concept thing that we may abandon and- d) its a pretty rotten quality video

Is this a good compromise?

More
19 years 10 months ago #10118 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Forum viewership
Everything you've said so far sounds good to me. I was just trying to stir up some thoughts (which I did :)).

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10170 by MajorTom
btw, I've asked Steve Robertson if he would like to pop in occasionally. So if he suddenly shows up with some insight on a subject don't be suprised.

Welcome Steve! :D

More
19 years 10 months ago #10408 by MajorTom
Roi Danton, an I-War veteran and Buda5 expert will be joining us here soon too.

Welcome Roi:D