Auto Repair discussion

More
19 years 10 months ago #10226 by Second Chance

I'm concerned we can't get a ship in the game without any auto repair subsim at all.

Why? I do it all the time. Or are you thinking of an MP specific problem?

A secondary issue is this: when the hull integrity gets below 5% the klaxons start screaming. That can be very annoying after several minutes!

Ooooh boy, I've been there! My autorepair rates for small ships are miniscule, and that damn klaxon drives me nuts! I say disable it altogether. I know when I'm about to die, I don't need some loud-ass noise to scream it in my face. Either that, or make a new sound file with a pleasant female voice saying "Hull damage critical," with about 10 seconds of silence after it (simply add it to the end of the recording if we can't do it with code). If we need voice talent I know a woman with an excellent recording voice who would be glad to do it just for fun.

I would also suggest a slightly higher repair rate for the CUV repairs. With no autorepair, ships are going to be heavily damaged when they dock. And we don't want to keep them out of the game for more than a minute or two at most (do we?). But I guess that's more a play-testing issue.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.