Platform Steal Mission - not cutting module problm

More
19 years 6 months ago #18258 by AgentSubterfuge
Playing this (bloody fantastic) game with a friend, and we're stuck! We've hunted the net, gone through walkthroughs, and are just unable to find a solution to this little problem.

SSSSPOILERS! Albeit not-so-big ones

It deals with the LOR Platform Thievery mission - where you have to take your cutting drone, chop off the habitation module, and steal the entire platform following that.

It involves docking with the platform, remote linking to the thing, and then piloting it to a designated waypoint far far away. The PROBLEM is, the bloody ship we use to dock with the thing doest STAY docked after we've remote linked. As soon as I start moving the platform, I can see my supposedly docked ship being left behind. You cant even simply pilot the platform without the docked ship, since it loses the remote link once you activate the LDS drive. Is there a trick Im missing? Is it right under my nose? Augh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11759 by MajorTom
Some mods can interfere with docking so it's a good idea to deactivate them.

When you are docked to the LOR platform note your distance reading to the platform from your Tug. After enabling the remote link the distance reading from the LOR to your Tug should remain (at least very closely) the same. If thats not the case you are just not docked.

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 6 months ago #11760 by Tarcoon
Hi AgentSubterfuge, welcome to the board.

Make sure you are docked to the LOR Platform not to the cutting drone. Leave the drone at the station after using it. You don't have to bring it back.
After cutting the habiatat of the station proceed your tug to the LOR Platform an dock to it. REM link this target and start heading home. Sometimes it's a bit difficult not to overshoot the meeting waypoint, you may do some manual tweaks to deliver your bait...

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 6 months ago #11761 by Shane
I don't think I ever accomplished this mission without overshooting the meeting point. Autopilots aren't set up for large ships.

Once, in a panic, I undocked while the LOR was still moving at a high rate of speed. The LOR smashes into the gathered ships around the station... explosions everywhere, all while the audio congratulates me on doing such a fine job. :D

More
19 years 4 months ago #12117 by DigiJo
first some hellos to all here, i am quite new to eoc. just got the full version from a gamesmag-dvd and wow, best few bucks i have spent in a long time :D

well the reason for posting in this thread, i had exact the same problem like agentsub above. the tug just doesnt stay docked to the platform, it undocks as soon as you establish the rem-connection, and that makes it impossible to bring the platform to the meeting point.

but the solution was quite easy, once you established rem and the tug is undocked (bug?), target the tug (while stay in rem) and press f8 for docking, now the platfrom docks onto the tug again (takes a while hehe) and this time the tug stays docked. have fun flying home :)