Help. Plot freezes after Heist.

More
20 years 3 months ago #17956 by Joona
Now, I reviewed this game four years back. I was in a hurry and had no time to enjoy it for fun, really (hate playing great games as work - kinda ruins the enjoyment). Now that I started again just for my own pleasure, I find myself utterly stuck after the Heist mission.

I have pirated, pirated, pirated and then some. Worth well over 2 million units and my classification is "Veteran". But I get no more plot missions nor any emails no matter what. Have I forgotten something here? I don't remember this part of the game taking so long.

So have I been stuck on a bug, my own idiocy, or should I just keep on pirating some more (sigh)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 3 months ago #8917 by MajorTom
Do you have an email from a guy named Oregon?
If not:
Did you do the practice missions (wingmen training) with the T-fighters after The Heist?

I've heard the script can tie itself in knots (sometimes) if you don't do the training mission.

If the training course is still on your sensor list when you leave the base it wouldn't hurt to do that training again.

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 3 months ago #8918 by Joona
No, I didn't get Oregon's mail. I do have a mail from some Anon guy who says he'll put a waypoint to meet him when "I feel I'm up to it". No waypoint. I did the TF training allright, but the training mission waypoint is still haunting there.

So I guess I'll have to try and hack the TF training mission until that sodding waypoint disappears. No offense to the design team, but the scripting is really.. weird to put it mildly at times. I kinda hoped that this would have been fixed in the retail version (played press release version 4 years back and then it was accompanied by a mission skip cheat "because sometimes the script gets a bit buggered resulting in a gamestopper" or something like that in decent language).

Anyways, thanks Major Tom. Will try blasting some mines again... and again.

And oh... Would you like us to tell your wife that you love her very much?

More
20 years 3 months ago #8919 by Joona
Done the wingman course a dozen times now and docked right back to Lucretia's and then off again. That goddamn training course is still haunting in the waypoints.

Looks like I'm screwed. [xx(]

More
20 years 2 months ago #8920 by MajorTom
The wingmen Waypoint doesn't have to go away immediatly (IIRC it stays there a long time). So that doesn't mean you're screwed if it doesn't go away

I thought doing the training again might un-knot the script, so try to progress a bit (one or two more pirate runs) and check the base for emails.

You do have the game patched to version 14.6?

Thanks for the offer, but don't bother with the wife thing, I don't have one. Just tell everybody we love the game (Just like a spouse in spite of all the little personality quirks)

Have Gun, Will Travel

More
20 years 2 months ago #8929 by Tarcoon
-check shift-o:)
-maybe you'll have to restart from an earlier savegame?

There is no safe distance