LOR Platform Mission

More
20 years 10 months ago #17777 by Sinister69
Hey all, first time posting here. just recently got my game of EOC, and am having a problem with a mission. the mission where you take the cutting drone and then have to steal the lor platform. I am able to cut the habitat module away, then i dock to the LOR platform with the tug. I remote link to the LOR platform and start flying back to the league meeting point. problem is is that my tug gets left behind and i lose the remote link signal after 50 k or so. hafta go back in tug, dock again, then remotelink and fly to the meeting point again. same thing happens, 50k and link is gone. the tug is docking onto the side of the LOR platform. shouldn't it dock to the front next to the crew area? first time i tried the mission it docked up front and everything was fine, but didn't get away fast enough and the LOR got blown up. Now it docks to the side and leaves my tug behind once I start moving the LOR platform. I've watched it from the external view and I can't get the tug to dock up front. Even moved right in front of the docking collar on the front, set the tug to dock, and the tug moves to the side of the LOR and docks there. Once i establish the remote link to the LOR, the tug undocks and stays where it is at while the platform moves away.

Technically i could leapfrog this way back to the meeting point, but this would take forever seeing how it is over a billion k away. going 50k at a time would take forever. I tried running the LDS on the LOR platform, but soon as signal was lost was back in the tug and couldn't find the LOR platform again. had to restart the mission but the same thing keeps happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6308 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic LOR Platform Mission
Are you hitting the autopilot approach button as soon as you enter the rem link? If so, try taking the lor manually out of range of the station before hitting the autopilot button. For some reason, the tug doesn't like to stay docked when traveling in autopilot without lds.

If that doesn't work, try this. Instead of docking to the lor and then remlinking, do it the other way around. Rem link to the lor, then dock the lor platform to your tug. Make sure you kill all bandits in the area first because the docking process will be slow.;)

More
20 years 10 months ago #6309 by Sinister69
Replied by Sinister69 on topic LOR Platform Mission
yeah, I've tried all that. You can't remote link to the LOR until you dock with it. Clay can't get past the security codes until you are docked. I'm not hitting autopilot when I link up. As soon as I select remotelink, the tug undocks.

thanks for trying though. Anyone else?

More
20 years 10 months ago #6310 by Sinister69
Replied by Sinister69 on topic LOR Platform Mission
thanks for your help, finally got the LOR back to the meeting place. Since it wouldn't stay docked when I first linked to it, I had an idea. After linking to the LOR and the tug undocks, I decided to try docking the LOR to the tug while in the link. After the tug docked, I still had the link and was able to get to the meeting place.